Future Water Association’s Water Dragons provides a unique opportunity for companies to pitch their innovative products, services or processes to a panel of water sector specialists. Based on the BBC’s Dragons’ Den, the Future Water Association has appointed a panel of Water Dragons – senior water industry executives – to sit in judgment on innovations presented by both Future Water Association members and non-members. The competition is open to all companies with ideas that can help meet the challenges faced by the Water Utilities, Water Retailers, the supply chain and the Regulators.
The second heat of the Water Dragons 2018 is being hosted by The Water Hub, during which there will be two separate competitions with opportunities available for two categories of innovation:
- Future Water Association Water Dragons Entries
- The Water Hub Entries
The Challenge: How can we develop smarter ways to use water? Products, services or processes put before the Water Dragons must be able to demonstrate clear and distinct benefits and presenters will need to explain how their innovation can make or save money for their clients – the water companies.
In an 10 minute pitch, followed by questions from the Water Dragons, entrants must be able to:
- Identify the Market need – what challenges is the innovation addressing?
- Explain clearly and succinctly what makes your product, service or process innovative compared to alternatives.
- Provide evidence on the potential savings and operational benefits your product or service could generate. The Dragons will be looking for forecasts based on sustainable assumptions.
- Provide evidence that you have thought how best to market your product or service to prospective clients
- Convince the Dragons that your product or service can fit into existing work practices and cultures
The two highest scoring pitches will be chosen to attend the Water Dragons final in the early part of 2019.
Interested? Got a good idea? Find our more here.