The Project “Political and sOcial awareness on Water EnviRonmental challenges” (POWER) has been funded by the EU under the H2020-ICT10c-2015 Call. With a budget of 3.747.937,50€ for 48 months of activities, from December 2015 to November 2019, the Project will set up a user-driven Digital Social Platform (DSP) for the expansion and governance of POWER existing water networks.
The POWER DSP will contribute to the Europe 2020 social policy objectives, to enable large-scale social innovation in order to tackle specific social challenges and support the uptake of the Horizon 2020 programme results. It will be a Digital Social Platform for innovation and growth, by engaging on a large scale with stakeholders in the co-creation and delivery of digital products and services to citizens involving awareness-raising, new policy initiatives and deployment.
POWER consortium comprises a total of 12 Partners, including 4 research institutions dealing with environmental, social and governance issues, 2 innovation SMEs, 2 European organisations, 4 Key Demonstration Cities:
1. De Montfort University – Coordinator (United Kingdom)
2. Consortium Ubiquitous Technologies – CUBIT Scarl (Italy)
3. Fundació CTM Centre Tecnològic CTM (Spain)
4. KWR Water B.V. (The Netherlands)
5. European Institute for Participatory Media EV (Germany)
6. Climate Alliance – Klima- Bündnis – Alianza del Clima (Germany, European network)
7. Universiteit Utrecht (The Netherlands)
8. Aggregate Formula Lda – Baseform (Portugal)
9. Leicester City Council (United Kingdom)
10. Hagihon Company Ltd – Jerusalem Region Water Utility (Israel)
11. Milton Keynes Council (United Kingdom)
12. Companyia d’Aigües de Sabadell SA (Spain)
POWER is supported by over 50 “EIP Water – City Blueprint” and “NetwercH20” follower cities.